Cable Makes Its First Appearance

In December of 1950, the corporation purchased the Williams exchange from Max Hosea, and in June 1951, the Plainville Telephone Company was purchased. In April 1952, several miles of cable were placed, and the first Stromberg-Carlson automatic dial office was put into service in 1954. That same year, the corporation moved into a new building in Montgomery.